New to Contracting?


New to Contracting?

If you are new to contracting then do not be daunted by fear of running a Limited Company. It is our job to take the pain away!

At Martin Cook Accounting Services (“MCAS”) you will receive unlimited access to a Chartered Accountant who will take care of your accounting and tax planning requirements.

Some of our clients choose a solution whereby there is no need for you to run and administer a Limited Company.

Most of our clients work in either the IT or the Oil & Gas industries where contracting is commonplace.

Where do I start?

Once you have secured a contract, we can set up a Limited Company for you within 24 hours. You just need to think of the name! MCAS will pay for the company set up on your behalf and will advise you on the share structure of the company. Thereafter MCAS will help you get registered with HMRC – we need to register for self assessment, VAT, corporation tax, and also set up a payroll as part of a tax efficient remuneration package designed for you. You will also need to set up a business bank account and obtain business insurance (employer's liability, public liability, and professional indemnity).

Please have a look at the IR35 section of the website and we will consider the impact, if any, on your company.

What do I need to do?

Provide MCAS with requested information to get everything set up.
Send us a copy of your bank statement every month.
Send us your sales invoices every month.
Send us your expenses every month.
Provide MCAS with copies of any letters from HMRC, Companies House.

We will do the rest. It really is as simple as that!

Please call me on 0131 665 7238 / 07866 465 223 or e-mail to arrange your free initial one to one consultation with a Chartered Accountant.